Do you know that there are thousands of men’s shirt refashion ideas for a women’s dress? From simple top to romper you can refashion anything using just a simple shirt. So let’s give it a try.
If you are not into cutting and sewing you know what you can just make simple style by pulling the shirt down or wrapping the arms around waist. All you have to do is just think outside the box. Don’t forget, unique styles never get old. Here are some inspirational ideas for you to try men’s shirt recycle DIY projects. Al of them are super easy to try and no sewing include. All you have to do is just rapping the shirt around your body. This clothing life hacks every girl should try at least once in her life.
Love the idea of turning men’s short into this cute skirt.
An oversized shirt? Turn it into this cute dress and make it look much cooler with matching jacket.
Can’t find anything to wear for date night? This rap up men’s shirt dress is perfect for that.
Looking for new clothes for spring and summer? What about your favorite shirts of your boyfriend.
It’s all about the creativeness and the basic knowledge of fashion and trends.
men’s shirt refashion into a frock
Make tank dress
Can just a normal, baggy shirt turned into this cute…? This is an easy DIY project which required minimum sewing skills.
- What you have to do is lay your shirt on work surface.
- Make sure shirt is iron well if not we can’t measure the exact measurement.
- Close all the buttons on the shirt. Next cut the sleeve and cut the bottom part of the shirt.
- Next, stitch the bottom part and attach an elastic.
- All done! Your tank top is ready to wear.
Men’s shirt into a knotted dress
For this DIY dress, all you have to do is just remove the sleeves and attach them to waste.
Halter neck dress from men’s shirt
Turn the oversized shirt into your favorite halter neck dress for this summer.
Downsize your boyfriend’s’ shirt and turn it into beach cover-up.
simple Off shoulder dress from a shirt
Easy steps of making off shoulder dress from a shirt
- 1st remove the pockets from the shirt. But if you like to keep the pocket, you can keep it.
- Mark the length of your dress. If you want a too short dress you can cut some fabric off from the shirt. But it’s always better to have extra fabric. So be careful when you are cutting the shirt. we can’t add fabric for your dress if it accidentally becomes too short.
- Next, cut off the neckline. If you are going to cut the neck measure half of the shoulder measurement. You just have to mark the middle point. What I recommend is take less fabric 1st. for example, take one inch 1st from the collar side and cut it, check it and wear it. If you feel comfortable with that measurement you can carry on but if you want to wide neck you can increase it. For complete the neckline,
- Now using a top or a dress that perfectly fit your body, trace your dress.when you are tracing always leave one or two inches extra for seam allowance. Now cut it off.
- Sew or glue both sides of the top. You can cut off the button from the top or you can keep the buttons. If you cut the buttons stitch sides together. Hem both armholes.
- Now we are officially done with sewing. Cut off extra fabrics and treads for a perfect finish.
Upcycle shirt into top
One off shoulder top
Ths is a super cute DIY project you can try at your home. Make your own unique off shoulder top from your boyfriend’s shirt.
Front knotted top made from shirt
Bored of wearing the same knotted top that everyone else is wearing? So, why not make your own knotted top that no one owns? It’s all about adding just a bit of cutting and stitching.
turn into a loose tank top
Tank tops are just perfect for summer.
men’s shirt refashion into Romper
Not just a cover-up dress, top but a super cute romper can make from just a shirt. Making romper from the shirt is a bit hard also it will take awhile but it’s worth to try because the outcome is incredibly cute. Anyway, I won’t recommend this DIY project for beginners.
men’s shirt refashion is not all about lower price but it totally unique. Sometimes we feel a little bit boring seeing same dress wearing other girls. But this won’t happen if you wearing your own handmade outfit. You’ll get more attraction and of course lot more compliments. Not everyone can make men’s shirt refashion dress like you do. So make your own outfits, get attraction and rock the world.
There are so many things you can fall in love with when it comes to sewing –like gorgeous fabrics, unique designs, fantasizing the next dress you are going to make, and that awesome feeling when you create something just by yourself. Sewing is my big fashion. I love sharing my sewing knowledge and inspire all the women out there.