Hair dying is one of the best reason to hair damage. But aren’t we stop doing dye our hair just because they are really bad? No, right? So since hair colors have chemicals like ammonia or paraben and they are really bad to our scalp and hair as well. To avoid this there are 2 options you will have. One is not coloring our hair. The second option is to go for natural dyes for hair.
Are there natural dyes for hair? Of cause, there are thousands of organic products that help you to dye your hair. Not only just dye but also can enhance the existing hair color using variety of herbals, tea leaf or fruits.
Try the following hair dyes that made from natural ingredients which act as an alternative to chemical hair dye.
Natural Dyes For Hair
To get a reddish-orange tint, carrot juice is the best natural dyes for hair. This tint will last 2-3 weeks depending on your hair color.
How To make carrot juice natural dye:
- Cut pieces of carrot into the blender, add coconut oil or olive oil into it.
- Apply the mixture, wrap hair in plastic cap.
- Let the dye to set about an hour and rinse hair with apple cider vinegar.
- Repeat the process if you need more dark look.
A cup of coffee is not just to make your day better but your hair as well. It helps to make dark color to hair and even cover the gray hair.
How to make coffee natural dyes for hair :
- Make a strong cup of dark coffee.
- Mix it with your hair conditioner.
- Apply it on clean hair.
- After one-hour wash hair.
Coffee won’t last on hair longer. but it will be the best option when you are in a hurry. Applying apple cider vinegar after washing hair will help to last longer the dark color.
Lemon juice works slowly, but if you need sun-kissed highlights, lemon juice would be perfect for that.
You should know that lemon juice will act as permanent hair dye.
How to use lemon juice as a natural dyes for hair:
- Squize lemon juice into a spray bottle
- Spray the juice on to hair
- Comb hair well
- You can sit outside where sunlight can go through the hair
- After about an hour wash it properly.
If you need deep red tint to go with beet juice instead of carrot. Steps of Beet juice tint is similar to carrot juice steps.
- Mix beet with olive oil.
- Apply it on the hair, wrap it, wait an hour.
- Wash it with apple cider vinegar.
Tips To Natural Dyes for Hair Last Longer
- Avoid hot bath and hot hair tools like hair straighteners, hair iron, dryers.
- Don’t wash hair every day.
- Use apple cider vinegar
- Apply thermal protectant when using hot hair styling tools.
There are so many things you can fall in love with when it comes to sewing –like gorgeous fabrics, unique designs, fantasizing the next dress you are going to make, and that awesome feeling when you create something just by yourself. Sewing is my big fashion. I love sharing my sewing knowledge and inspire all the women out there.