Today the most popular worldwide diet plan is Keto diet plan. The ketogenic diet is one of the best diet plan to reduce excess weight while staying healthy. It is a process of using fat instead of carbs to primary fuel sources this called ketosis. Keto diet includes a lot of fat with little protein and very little carbs.
On a keto diet plan, carbs will typically lose to under 50 grams per day. Recent research has found that a ketogenic diet is more effective than other low-fat diets when promoting weight loss.
Avoid a keto diet if you are in these conditions,
- If you are breastfeeding
- Taking medications for Diabetes
- Using medication for high blood pressure
Important: Make sure to drink enough fluids and get enough salt during the first week of your keto diet plan it will help to avoid keto flu.
What Should You Eat When On a Keto Diet Plan?
Keto diet is all about keeping it simple. Adapting to high fat and low carbs diet promote weight loss and improve your health conditions at some points.
Foods To Eat On Keto Diet Plan
Prepare your majority of meals using these foodsImage source – Google
- Seafood – Fish, salmon, tuna, mackerel, herring
- Meat – red meat, ham, sausages, steak, chicken, bacon, turkey
- Cream and butter
- Nuts and seeds – Walnuts, almonds, pumpkin seeds, flax seeds
- Cheese – Unprocessed cheese like Mozzarella, cheddar, goat, cream
- Healthy oils – Coconut oil, extra verging olive oil
- Low carbs vegetables – tomatoes, onions, bell peppers, and mostly green vegetables
- Nut butter- Peanut, almond, cashew
Foods To Avoid On A Ketogenic Diet
Foods that have a high level of carbs should be limited. These are the foods you should reduce on a ketogenic diet.
- All Fruits except berries
- Sugary foods – ice cream, cake, fruit juice, candy
- Beans – peas, chickpeas, lentils
- Low-fat products – these products often rich in carbs
- Grains – rice, cereal, pasta
- Vegetables – Potatoes, carrots, sweet potatoes, etc
- Sugar-free diet products
When on a ketogenic diet high-carbs drinks should be avoided. Stay away from the soda, fruit juice, milk tea, iced coffee.
These are the keto-friendly beverages –
- Water-Water is always a good idea when you are on a keto diet
- Sparkling water
- Green tea
- Unsweetened coffee
Keto Diet Plan Benefits
- It reduces your appetite
- More weight loss
- Reduce insulin level and blood sugar
- Lower blood pressure
- Reduce the stress level
There are so many things you can fall in love with when it comes to sewing –like gorgeous fabrics, unique designs, fantasizing the next dress you are going to make, and that awesome feeling when you create something just by yourself. Sewing is my big fashion. I love sharing my sewing knowledge and inspire all the women out there.